Why Should You Become a CLER Member?
Do you produce linear alkylbenzene (LAB) or linear alkylbenzene sulfonate (LAS) or sell detergents, soaps, cleaning products or other materials that use linear alkylbenzene sulfonate (LAS)? Consider joining CLER:
- To protect your ability to use the world’s number one cleaning ingredient.
- Be informed about the latest scientific information and regulatory developments regarding the environmental safety and acceptability of LAS.
What We Do
As an organization CLER is dedicated to promoting and defending the environmental safety of LAS, the world’s number the world’s number one cleaning ingredient, and the material from which it is produced, LAB. We engage in the following activities on behalf of the surfactants and detergent industry:
- Conduct, publish and promote scientific research on the environmental safety of LAS.
- Advocate on behalf of the cleaning industry to international authorities regarding regulatory developments on LAB/LAS, especially any regulations not based on science.
- Monitor research and news related to LAB/LAS and defend the environmental safety of LAB/LAS. CLER responds to any and all inaccurate statements on LAB/LAS in the media, technical and trade press or at scientific conferences, via “truth squad” letters, letters to the editor, etc.
Who We Are:
The Council for LAB/LAS Environmental Research (CLER) is an organization of scientists and technical specialists representing manufacturers of linear alkylbenzene (LAB) and linear alkylbenzene sulfonate (LAS). CLER’s members are among the world’s leading surfactant companies.
Would you like more information? Email us at email@example.com.
Interested in joining? Apply for membership today